Wednesday, May 12, 2010

A Start...

This is not the first blog I have started...this probably won't be the last. But I have started this separate from my "family" blogs...something to chronicle my life a military wife, raising my military brats and all the trials and tribulations that go along with it. The blog name comes from a quote that I have in the living room..."Enjoy the little things in life for one day you'll look back and realize they were the big things."

I have been married to my Marine for the past 6 years...we are on our 3rd deployment since we got married. Obviously I love the man with all that I have otherwise I would have jumped ship a long time ago!! This life never gets any easier or harder, just the situations surrounding our life bring different challenges. We have 3 sons, obviously to prevent future humiliation I will not be using their real names - the Ring Leader, who is 3; Stinky Man who will be 2 in a few weeks and can get dirty 30 seconds after getting out of the bath tub; and Baby who is just 2 weeks old.

As I start this blog we are knee deep in a time of our military life that many cannot understand. My husband is deployed, with 3 sons under the age of 4. We are getting ready to move in August to a little piece of heaven in the low desert for CA also known as 29 Palms, before Husband gets home. My family thinks I am crazy to do this alone...hell most of my friends think I am crazy to take on this move alone - but I cannot have husband living and working 2 1/2 hours away from us, stealing moments when we can, we need to have him with us, so he can enjoy the good times and be tortured with me when the children stage a uprising! The children out number me, and quite frankly are smarter than me and are going to realize this in the near future - which makes his presence mandatory. There are strength in numbers!

So here we are getting ready to leave sunny Southern CA, trying to navigate our first deployment which children and this will chronicle the ups and downs we have along the way!

Happy Readings!

No comments:

Post a Comment