Tuesday, May 18, 2010

I Wish...

...that Husband was home. Generally this is something that I wish for everyday...but tomorrow I really want him here! Or my Mom...I'll take either!

Tomorrow Baby has to get a VCUG - Voiding Cystourethrogram - An x-ray of the abdomen may be performed before the urinary bladder is catheterized. After cleaning the genital area a catheter is inserted through the urethra, the tube that carries urine from the bladder out of the body, into the bladder. Then, the bladder is filled with a water-soluble contrast material. The radiologist or technologist will use fluoroscopy to monitor the filling of the bladder and urination. X-rays will be obtained during the monitoring. After the x-rays are checked, the catheter is removed.

It really is a simple procedure - I know that there are those that have to go through so much worse...but this is MY baby and I know that he is going to cry, scream, be uncomfortable...and regardless of the severity of the situation it is something that is difficult for any parent to experience. Then Thursday we get to head in the opposite direction to talk to the Urologist.

Like I said...not a big deal but I just miss him and want him here with me. I swear I am usually funny and sarcastic...hard when you have RSVP'd yes to a pity party for one. but I think the party is wrapping up!!

Happy Readings!


No comments:

Post a Comment